The 2024 WMS Auction is on February 24, 2024, and we are so excited to see you there.
This year we are shaking things up in response to some of your ideas, and we think you’ll enjoy what we have planned.
- Cocktails and Conversation
- Instead of a sit-down dinner, we will keep things casual and cozy, with plenty of delicious food served all night long
- Heads or Tails, of course
- Lounge area for chatting with friends and meeting new ones
- In place of a long Live auction, we will offer virtual silent and “super silent” auctions (make sure to bring your phone!) with an incredible array of offerings and gatherings
- Virtual auction will open on Monday, February 19 and will continue throughout the in-person event
- Throughout the evening, we’ll highlight our small selection of super silent items, with bidding closing for these at 8:15 p.m.
- We will celebrate our inclusive Raise a Paddle initiative, which will benefit all of our students and families
- AND we will have a DJ, wonderful music, an open bar, and an opportunity to dance out the night
If you’ve registered for the event, you should have received a link to register for online bidding. If you registered for the event but did not receive a link to register for bidding, click here. Note that registration for bidding is separate from registration for the event – you need to do both!
All auction items will be available for online bidding only.
- Super Silent (previously Live) items will close Saturday, auction night, at 8:15 PM.
- Silent items will remain open through Sunday, February 25, 12 PM.
If you are not able to attend the auction in person, you can still support WMS and bid on a fabulous assortment of items – but you must register!
We hope you’ll join us for this special evening.
Annual Puppetry Festival
Our second puppet show, “Sir George and the Dragon,” will take place on Saturday, March 2 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Performed by John McDonough’s Pumpernickel Puppets, “Sir George and the Dragon” tells the story of an adventurous princess who journeys to Mystery Mountain to visit the Great Green Dragon. Along the way you’ll meet Zelda the babysitter, a silly bat, Sir George and his clumsy dog, and of course the lovable dragon. Will Sir George slay the dragon? Not to worry, everything ends happily in this fun show. Presented with large colorful hand puppets and live voices and sound effects. The morning will include a post-performance demonstration period to give the audience some insight into what happens behind the scenes. The show is appropriate for children ages 3 and up. Tickets are $10 each. Buy tickets here: https://payit.nelnet.net/form/TBxSRsrg
WMS Presents is an annual program where interesting people from within our community join us for a unique, one-evening performance. Open to the public as well as the WMS community, tickets range in price from $45 to $100 with all proceeds going to the school. We are very fortunate to have had some truly amazing talent grace our stage—Patti LuPone, Christine Baranski, Sam Waterston, Chris Hayes, Milos Forman, Mia Farrow, Susan Saint James, Dick Ebersol and Chris Brigham to name a few.
The Polar Plunge
Every December the WMS community comes together to make a splash for a good cause. With all proceeds going to support tuition assistance and scholarship, the Polar Plunge is a fun and slightly crazy event where students, parents, teachers and, yes, even the Head of School, jump into the frigid waters of Lake Waramaug. Support comes from a range of generous sponsors and the brave individuals who pay to plunge. Come on in, the water’s fine!