News & Events >> Book Fair 11/10 - 11/12
Book Fair 11/10 - 11/12
Book Fair Fundraiser to Benefit WMS Library
Animal Tales Book Fair: November 10-12
Come to the book fair and show your support for the WMS Library.
This year’s "Animal Tales" book fair will be held Tuesday to Thursday, November 10th – 12th, with lots of great books for all ages as well as fun! If you would like to help with planning, set-up, sales days, or clean-up, please sign up in the lobby.
Calendar of Events:
11/9: 9am-11am Author Judi Barrett speaks to LS and LES
11/10: 8:30am-5pm Book fair in gym
11/10: 10am-2:30pm Illustrator Susan Spellman visits LS, LES & UES
11/10: 11:30am-5pm Meet miniature horses Strawberry and Denver from the books "The Adventures and Secret Sweet Treats of Strawberry and Denver"
11/10: 3-5pm Author/Illustrator Book Signing & Food Tasting
11/11: 8:30am-4pm Book fair open during conference day. Babysitting available in the MAP room while you shop
11/12: 8:30am-2pm Book fair in gym
11/12: 11:30am-2pm Miniature horses Strawberry and Denver return
Book Signing event on Nov. 12th
- Authors and illustrators who will be signing books on Tuesday from 3-5pm: Stephanie Ferguson and her dog Neville, Jan Prenoveau, Rose Petruzzi, Jeffrey Berg, Susan Spellman, Billy Steers, Deborah Chabrian, Rhonda Eleish, Philip Delves Broughton, Ed Martinez, Susanna Salk. Download more details.
- Proceeds from Billy Steers' book "Tractor Mac Farmers Market" benefit New Milford Hospital's Plow-to-Plate Foundation
- Proceeds from Stephanie Ferguson's book "Neville: A Dog with a Secret" benefit The Simon Foundation animal shelter
- Share in some food provided by local restaurants, shops, and school families during the book signing.
- Children ages 3 and up may enjoy an animal-themed movie in the theater while you shop during the book signing event.
Raffle & Book Drive:
Win a 16 GB iPod Touch and HP Photosmart printer/scanner/copier. Tickets may be purchased for $5 per ticket. One ticket free for every $25 of books purchased and for every bag of used books donated.
Bring in your gently used books for all ages to donate to Waterbury Youth Services System. Receive a free raffle ticket for every bag of books donated.
Credit cards, cash and checks accepted at the Book Fair.
We look forward to seeing you there!